Overall I am relatively happy with how my soundscape turned out. I think if I did it again I would make it longer, and there would be more of an arc within the piece. I designed this particular work so that it could be seen as what the character is hearing, but also what I imagined it would feel like. I was drawing on the idea of being trapped and tormented, and unable to get away from suffering. Initially I was unsure on what I should use as my focus in the piece, but the scratching of nails I really liked. I was unsure as to how it would fit in with the rest of the piece but I think it worked pretty well in the end.
I do however think I could have found something better to use for the idea of chains, as the items I used I didn't sound as great as I wanted them to in comparison with real chains.
I really enjoyed learning how to use Audition on this project as it is something I've never used before, and I while at first I found it tricky to get the hang of, after I had mastered the basic controls it became a lot easier to figure things out and experiment with what I could do.
Also I found recording my own sounds a very engaging process. I loved getting more hands on in the project, and found the task of looking for items that could make sounds to suit what I wanted challenging and yet also rewarding when I found the right item.
If I did it again I would spend loads more time testing out different objects and seeing what kinds of sounds they made, this would have given me more variety and I would have been able to try out more ideas when I was putting my soundscape together.
No comments:
Post a Comment